Sevcik's Blog

A year in Cairo Egypt

Monday, February 06, 2006

A parasite

I went to the doctor this morning to get another opinion on my nasty condition.

We'll get Final Results tonight, but as of now he said I have a parasite and an intestional infection. A parasite: an organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host. Oh does that ever explain so much. Now, I'm not at all happy at the idea that I have little worms in me eating me away (that explains the weight loss, the low energy, and other things you don't want to read), but there IS some good that came from all this.

What are the good things about being ill?

A. You get to use your imagination while using chicken broth.
B. You are on the brink of knowing the best brand of toilet paper around.
C. You learned the true meaning of Christian charity. I have been hosting a parasite for almost two weeks. [But, there is a time when you must say "bug off" and the time is now.]
D. You start reading the bible, because you have so much time on your hands lounging around.
E. A quick and easy weight-loss plan.

Truth-- During this illness I picked up the bible and decided I'd read it all in 90 days following the "Bible in 90 Days" series. It's great! I'm already on day 7 and really enjoying it! There is a silver lining to everything, isn't there?

2 Comments:

  • At 2/08/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SICK!

     
  • At 2/14/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sarah,

    How's it going? I wanted to send you a note saying hello! I hope all is well, and sorry to hear about the parasite! Did you get a perscription and what not? Nate had something like that when he came back from India, but the pills he took made him better in no time at all. You're right about the quick and easy weight loss thing, they used to perscribe tape-worms to people in the 1920s to cut weight.

    Anyhow, it was nice meeting you last month, and I hope to see you sometime this summer!

    Cheers,

    Mike Schularick

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker